10th International Conference on
the Hsp90 Chaperone Machine
Sept. 30 to Oct. 4, 2020; in Leysin, Switzerland
Organizers: Didier Picard and Johannes Buchner
(Advisory committee: Olivier Genest, Mehdi Mollapour, Ritwick Sawarkar, Patricija van Oosten-Hawle)
Registration will open in late spring/early summer 2020
From the last meeting: Biochemistry and biophysics; structure; ATPase cycle; co-chaperones; substrates and substrate recognition; posttranslational regulation; Hsp90 isoforms in organelles and in the secretory pathway; Hsp90 for protein and genome homeostasis; Hsp90omics; secreted Hsp90; Hsp90 in prokaryotes and various pathogens; model organisms; Hsp90 in cancer, neurodegenerative and other diseases; Hsp90 as drug target; Hsp90 probes; clinical trials.
To be announced.
- 15-17 talks ("short talks") will be selected (by the organizers) from the submitted abstracts.
- Registration: in August.
- Notification of acceptance: upon registering online, you should immediately receive a confirmation e-mail and you can assume you are accepted. You will be formally accepted once you will have received an e-mail with payment information (within a few weeks after registration) and will have paid.
- Payment deadline: in August.
- Notification of abstracts selected for short talks: 3-4 weeks before the meeting.
- Final program: a few days before the meeting.
- Graduate students/postdocs: probably 800 CHF (includes registration, full board, shared double rooms, taxes)
- Academic PIs and senior scientists: probably 1'000 CHF (registration, full board, single rooms, taxes)
- Corporate participants: probably 1'500 CHF (registration, full board, single rooms, taxes)
- This covers everything from dinner on Sept. 30 to breakfast on October 4 (except your expenses at the bar).
- You will be able to pay by credit card or bank transfer. For payments by bank transfer, there will be a 2.6% discount (but bank charges will be on you).
- The number of participants is limited to about 120 to encourage an interactive environment.
If oversubscribed, we will limit the number of participants from the same group.
- Spouses, kids, friends are welcome provided there is enough space (beds and rooms are limited). Some accommodation is also available outside of the conference venue and the restaurant can easily hold more people than registered conference attendees. You can indicate your wishes in the online registration form.
- Leysin is an easily accessible beautiful mountain resort in the Swiss Alps.
- Meeting venue (talks and posters) and hotel is the Alpine Classic Hotel.
- Everyone will stay on site; all meals will be taken there, too.
- Graduate students and postdocs should expect to share a room with another attendee (preferred roommates can be indicated upon registration).
Internet access: there should be Wifi everywhere.
- Weather this time of the year can be clear sunny skies, still reasonably warm, but chilly weather and or evenings/nights are possible.
- we suggest that you fly into Geneva (but Zurich works, too).
- it's about 2 hours from Geneva airport by train (about 4 hours from Zurich airport); change in Aigle, and in Leysin get off at the train station "Leysin Versmont".
- for train schedule and fares: https://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html
we suggest you purchase a (return) ticket at the Geneva airport station to Leysin.
- the Hotel is within walking distance from the train station (Google maps can help).
- Sept. 30 (Wednesday): meeting starts with dinner at 7 pm, followed by a keynote lecture and the first session.
- Oct. 1 and 2: morning session with talks - free time after lunch - afternoon session with talks - poster session after dinner.
Oct. 3: morning session with talks - afternoon session with talks - special session on open questions/issues - banquet.
- Excursion: probably half day hike on Oct. 2 (easy to moderate hiking; bring hiking boots or good sneakers, warm clothes and rain gear).
- Oct. 4 (Sunday): breakfast and departure.
- Everyone can show a poster, even those who are selected to give talks.
- There will be 2 poster sessions.
- No particular format.
- A very limited (!) number of travel grants are available.
If you are interested, please e-mail your CV and an explanatory statement/justification from your supervisor (where applicable) about why you need financial support to Didier Picard.
- Decisions may not be taken until after registration is closed!
- Meeting report: probably as before, but details to be announced.
- Visa: contact the administrative assistant Carol Metroz if you need an official invitation.
- Likewise if you need an official confirmation of your payment or attendance.